Content of the material
- Your Answer
- Sign up or log in
- 19. Host a Website or Wiki From Dropbox
- 10. Destroy Your Shared Dropbox Files
- Part 4: Is There a Fastest Way to Upload to Dropbox?
- What is Dropbox?
- Methods to Solve Dropbox Slow Upload Issue
- Way 1: Set up Unlimited Bandwidth on Dropbox
- Way 2: Check the Network Connection
- Way 3: Close Any Other Applications When Uploading
- Part 2: How to Make Dropbox Upload Faster
- See also
Sign up or log in Sign up using Google Sign up using Facebook Sign up using Email and Password
10. Destroy Your Shared Dropbox FilesYou like the option of having things you send self-destruct, Mission:Impossible style? The app Digify will do that. It integrates directly with Dropbox via apps for iOS and Android, or via the Web interface. Give a timeframe for the file to go buh-bye. Digify will also show you who viewed the file. It’s not Dropbox specific, but the integration means you can send a file stored in Dropbox or Box or Google Drive via Digify, complete with destructo-deadline.
Part 4: Is There a Fastest Way to Upload to Dropbox?
Now& it’s time for another amazing method to help you get the fastest way to upload to Dropbox. So& let’s get started.
First of all& you need to realize that sometimes people forget to update the version of Dropbox they are using on their PC. This happens because& as such& there are Dropbox does not offer notifications regarding updating to a newer version. As a result& people end up using outdated versions.
In order to update to the latest version of Dropbox so that you& the Dropbox upload speeds increase& follow the procedure provided below.
Step 1: Go to the official website of Dropbox i.e.& the Dropbox Download page.
Step 2: We have a special tip for you& you should always download the newer version of Dropbox by clicking on the link provided at the bottom of the Download page& instead of clicking on the Download button.
By clicking on the link& the newer version will be installed via the offline installer download.
Also& note that in case you face any issues regarding the installation or the two methods provided above for increasing the upload speed in Dropbox& you should consider getting in contact with the Dropbox support.
What is Dropbox?
Produced by Dropbox Co., Ltd, Dropbox is a web-based file sync service that allows users to store and share files and folders.
As one of the most popular cloud drives in the market, Dropbox has gained a large user base around the world. The reason why Dropbox is so popular is that Dropbox has an absolute advantage in storing a large number of files. Meanwhile, you can share and sync files easily even if you are free user.
Nevertheless, there are two sides of everything: the pros and the cons. Although Dropbox provides convenience, it makes users frustrated, especially when the Dropbox slow upload issue happens. If it is a small file, uploading it on Dropbox will just cost several seconds; however, when it comes to large files, it will cost 10 to 20 minutes to upload on Dropbox. So, what causes the problem of slow upload speed on Dropbox?
Methods to Solve Dropbox Slow Upload Issue
After understanding the reasons for the slow upload speed on Dropbox, you might want to know how to solve the problem. You can refer to the content below and try them to fix the problem.
Way 1: Set up Unlimited Bandwidth on Dropbox
Step 1: Right-click Dropbox icon on your computer to tap the gear icon, then press Preferences. Step 2: Click on the “Bandwidth” button. Step 3: Head to Download rate or Upload rate, and click “Don’t limit” respectively. Then press the “OK” tab.
Way 2: Check the Network Connection
If there is something wrong with the network connection, it can also cause Dropbox slow upload issue. To solve this problem effectively, we should take it into two situations.
1. For Wireless Fidelity
- The reception signal of router may be unstable, and you could just restart it.
- Maybe your computer is too far from the router. so, you should make sure that the computer is close enough to the router.
2. For Wired Network
- If there is a poor contact between the network cable and the computer, you can reconnect them.
- If the network cable is damaged, you could replace it with a new one.
Way 3: Close Any Other Applications When Uploading
If you run any other applications when uploading files on Dropbox at the same time, the upload speed will be decreased. To solve the problem, it is recommended to close other applications when uploading files on Dropbox.
Part 2: How to Make Dropbox Upload Faster
Now& we will list out the steps below to help you upload to Dropbox faster. Go through these steps carefully.
Step 1: First of all& you will be required to click on the icon of Dropbox present in the taskbar.
Step 2: Then& the next step is to click on the Gear icon& which is the icon for Settings. Then& click on Preferences.
Step 3: You will see a Network tab& click on Change Settings& which is present below the Bandwidth.
Step 4: Now& you will see the “Upload rate” option& change it to “Don’t Limit”.
Step 5: The final step involves clicking on the Update button. That’s all you have to do to solve the problem of slow Dropbox upload.
With the help of these steps& we have removed the limits on the upload speed successfully. Therefore this process can really be beneficial for Dropbox faster upload. So& that was an easy and quick method. Of course& it’s quite easy to implement even if you are a beginner (have just started using Dropbox).
- #4656 – PR to speedup chunked uploads
- #5008 – Reject attempts to upload larger objects
- for the latest code changes