Content of the material
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my phone not showing up on my computer? Try plugging it into your PC directly instead of using a USB hub. If that doesn’t work, follow our guide if your Android device is not recognized.
Why is my phone USB not connecting to the computer? It might be a problem with your USB cable. Check our selection with the best USB cables to replace the faulty one.
Why my laptop is not detecting my phone? If you’re trying to connect your phone through Bluetooth, here’s what to do if your laptop can’t detect Bluetooth devices.
Solution 3: Enable USB Debugging Mode
When nothing works, debug mode DOES work most of the time. This is the mode intended for developers. It allows you to directly access your phone, transfer and install apps without notification. To activate debug mode, follow steps below:
For Android 2.3 or earlier: Enter “Settings” < Click “Applications” < Click “Development” < Check “USB debugging”.
For Android 3.0 to 4.1: Enter “Settings” < Click “Developer options” < Check “USB debugging”.
For Android 4.2 or newer: Enter “Settings” < Click “About Phone” < Tap “Build number” for several times until getting a note “You are under developer mode” < Back to “Settings” < Click “Developer options” < Check “USB debugging”.
With all these are done, you can then try to plug your USB devices in again.
Part 4. Set Android Phone Connection to MTP
Before setting up a media device (MTP), you need to understand that the MTP protocol is related to WMP (Windows Media Player), but it is not available in the KN and N versions. This will cause computer not recognizing phone. If you are using these versions, please download the Media Feature Pack for Windows 10. It is necessary to go to Microsoft's official website to download.
To check and turn on MTP on your phone, follow the steps below:
1. Find Settings > Storage on your Android phone.
2. Click "More" to open the USB computer connection.
3. Check the Media Device (MTP) in the displayed list.
4. Reconnect your phone to your computer and check if the issue has been resolved.
Sometimes you need to be able to be recognized by the computer by switching between different connection options.
Part 2. Check or Update Your Computer
If your computer system is too old, it will cause computer doesn't recognize phone. Then you can update your system. In order to avoid computer issue, let's go to check it:
1. Start < and to right-click Computer< click Properties on your computer.
2. Click Device Manager and then click your computer name at the top of the window.
3. Click Scan for hardware changes on the Action menu. Then your Phone should be listed under "Portable Devices."
4. You can double-click the device and view the General tab.
5. Check the device status to confirm whether the device is working correctly or not.
Already the latest version? It doesn't matter, please use the next solution to solve phone won't connect to computer issue.
Solution 5: Update Android USB Driver
Android USB driver is a set of microprograms to let the communication between computer and Android phone work smoothly. If you enabled USB debugging option but the Android phone is not detected on the PC. In this case, update the drivers on your computer to fix the problem.
- Click “Start” -> “Device Manager”.
- Look for ‘”Universal Serial Bus Controllers” and click on it.
- Out of a number of options, choose “USB Root Hub”, right click and choose Update driver. Do the same from Generic USB Hub and USB Root Hub (USB 3.0/3.1).
- Restart your PC and try connecting your Android phone and check if USB debugging is working now.
What can I do to get my device to connect via a USB cable to my computer? Solutions
- The most common and easiest way to solve this problem is to carefully consider the USB connection options. These will appear in the notification bar, from there we will have the options “Load only”, “Image transfer” and “Full transfer of USB information”.
The only thing we will need to select is the box "Full transfer of USB information" and that's all. We can see all the files on the phone from the PC.
- In case your device would require you to install a software driver, you will have 2 options .
The first is to cancel this download and to check if our terminal works correctly without this driver or to use the respective driver and to manage our folders and files from the program provided by the same brand of phone.
- In case you rooted your device, you can have one last hope and can do a complete format of the phone, so that it will recover its original operating system and can work perfectly in all its functions.
- Configure the box of USB debugging about development options , you just need to activate it.