Content of the material
- My Recent Posts
- Dialog box keyboard shortcuts
- Paint keyboard shortcuts
- How to Create a New Folder with Shortcut on a Mac
- Duplicate a Folder or any Application in a Computer?
- Method #2: Create a new folder by right-clicking
- What are shortcut keys to create new folders in Windows 10?
- Windows XP Shortcut Keys to Create a New Folder
- Post navigation
My Recent Posts
- Speaking Engagement: Windows 10 in the Enterprise: March 2020
- Speaking Engagement: February 2020: What is Windows End of Support?
- Speaking Engagement : January 2020: Windows 7 EOS
- Speaking Engagement: January 2020: Microsoft 365–Windows E5
- Speaking Engagement : December 2019
Dialog box keyboard shortcuts
Press this key To do this F4 Display the items in the active list. Ctrl + Tab Move forward through tabs. Ctrl + Shift + Tab Move back through tabs. Ctrl + number (number 1–9) Move to nth tab. Tab Move forward through options. Shift + Tab Move back through options. Alt + underlined letter Perform the command (or select the option) that is used with that letter. Spacebar Select or clear the check box if the active option is a check box. Backspace Open a folder one level up if a folder is selected in the Save As or Open dialog box. Arrow keys Select a button if the active option is a group of option buttons.
Paint keyboard shortcuts
The following table contains keyboard shortcuts for working with Paint. Press this key To do this Ctrl + N Create a new picture Ctrl + O Open an existing picture Ctrl + S Save changes to a picture F12 Save the picture as a new file Ctrl + P Print a picture Alt + F4 Close a picture and its Paint window Ctrl + Z Undo a change Ctrl + Y Redo a change Ctrl + A Select the entire picture Ctrl + X Cut a selection Ctrl + C Copy a selection to the Clipboard Ctrl + V Paste a selection from the Clipboard Right Arrow Move the selection or active shape right by one pixel Left Arrow Move the selection or active shape left by one pixel Down Arrow Move the selection or active shape down by one pixel Up Arrow Move the selection or active shape up by one pixel Esc Cancel a selection Delete Delete a selection Ctrl + B Bold selected text Ctrl + + Increase the width of a brush, line, or shape outline by one pixel Ctrl + – Decrease the width of a brush, line, or shape outline by one pixel Ctrl + U Underline selected text Ctrl + E Open the Properties dialog box Ctrl + W Open the Resize and Skew dialog box Ctrl + Page Up Zoom in Ctrl + Page Down Zoom out F11 View a picture in full-screen mode Ctrl + R Show or hide the ruler Ctrl + G Show or hide gridlines F10 or Alt Display keytips Shift + F10 Show the current shortcut menu F1 Open Paint Help
How to Create a New Folder with Shortcut on a Mac
You can press and hold Command + Shift + N new folder shortcut key combination to create a new folder in Finder on Mac.
You can also open Finder on Mac, and go to the location where you want to create the new folder. Click File menu at the top toolbar on your Mac screen, and click New Folder to create a new folder in the current location.
Still, you can also right-click the blank area to create a new folder on Mac, type a name for it and press Return.
Duplicate a Folder or any Application in a Computer?
- Click and hold down the left mouse button on the folder or any application
- Then drag it to create a duplicate.
Method #2: Create a new folder by right-clicking
If you don’t remember the keyboard shortcut (or you just prefer using the mouse):
1. Navigate to the location where you want to create the folder.
2. Right-click on a blank space in the folder location. Take care with this: If you right-click on an existing item in the folder, you’ll get the wrong menu.
3. Select New then Folder from the contextual menu. Windows will create the new folder at your current location.
4. Enter your desired folder name to replace “New folder” and hit Enter.
You can create folders on the Desktop using this method too. Right-click on a blank space on the Desktop, then go to New > Folder.
What are shortcut keys to create new folders in Windows 10?
Normally, we right-click in order to create a new folder. On Desktop, you can create a new folder by right-clicking on an empty area, choosing New, and choosing Folder. But Windows 10, as well as 8 and 7, lets you create folders with a keyboard shortcut. Simply press Ctrl + Shift + N and you can see the new folder automatically created on your Desktop and ready for file storage or renaming.
This shortcut works on File Explorer just as well. Simply open the File Explorer (or location where you want a new folder created), press Ctrl + Shift + N, and the new folder crops up in no time.
How about if you want to create a folder in the File Explorer and you want to create it on your desktop at the same time? It’s simple: press Windows key + D. You’ll find that all folders or programs will be minimized and Desktop is the only one open. Follow the earlier steps we showed you and that’s it.
While this shortcut works in Windows 8 and 7, it won’t do so on Windows XP. If you’re a Windows XP user and you seek to create a new folder on Desktop via keyboard shortcuts, hold the Alt + F keys, and then release them before quickly pressing the W key, followed by F.
Windows XP Shortcut Keys to Create a New Folder
The keyboard shortcut key combination is this: Alt+F, W, F. Translated that means:
- Hold down the Alt key while pressing the letter F.
- Let go of both the Alt key and letter F and then press the letter W followed by the letter F in quick succession.
Post navigation2 Ways to Set and Use Tab Stops in MS Word – 2022
Shortcut key to Refresh a Browser or Page on Windows and Mac