Content of the material
- Option 1
- Part 3: How to Delete Channel Messages in Discord?
- How To Delete All Messages On Discord?
- Deleting Messages Via Mobile Devices
- Deleting Messages Via PC
- Discord Bots
- Part 5: How to Clear All Chats and Delete All Messages In Discord?
- Delete All Discord Messages with MEE6 BOT
- Additional FAQ
- Can I delete messages without admin privileges?
- If I delete a message, does it disappear for the other user too?
- Does Discord provide an option to delete all messages?
- New Posts
If there is a message in your channel that you don’t like, you can directly delete that exact message. To do it, open the channel where the message is. Hover with your mouse to the far right until you see the three vertical dots. This is the menu. Select the menu and press delete.
Now Discord will ask you if you are sure you want to delete the message. So, confirm and the message will disappear. This is a simple trick to get rid of one message. But, it is not a good thing for deleting in bulk.
Part 3: How to Delete Channel Messages in Discord?
This method has to be the most effective and easy way to delete a Discord message, and it’s a simple, straightforward procedure:
- Go to the message and glide over it to reveal the three-tier settings icon
- Click on it to show options, and then select Delete Message
To do this individually, you will need to use the mouse consistently, eating up a lot of time. If you wish to do it by keyboard, you can do so, provided you know the sequence for the keyboard commands for deletion.
Here is a more detailed breakdown of the sequence:
- Select the Chat panel that you want to delete
- Hover your cursor over the messages you wish to delete
- A three-dot icon will appear on the right side of the message
- Click on the icon, and a pop-menu will show
- On the pop-up menu, select ‘Delete’
- You will be prompted with a confirmation for deleting the message
- Tick the confirmation and tap the ‘Delete’ button
- Your message will be deleted
At first glance, it seems like a long and tedious process, but once you get down to doing it and develop a rhythm, it is an easy task.
How To Delete All Messages On Discord?
Now that you’ve known which messages you can delete, let me tell you how to delete them all. Since Discord is applicable to both smartphones and PCs, there are simple and quick steps to have your messages deleted on both devices.
Deleting Messages Via Mobile Devices
- Open the Discord app on your mobile., and sign in to your account if needed.
- Click on the chat option in the top-right corner. This will open the ‘Direct Messages’ section, under which your messages and group chats are present.
- Open the chat conversation from which you want to delete the message.
- Find the message you want to delete. Now, press and hold on to that message.
- A pop-up menu will appear with options in it. Select ‘Delete’.
- Again, another pop-up window will appear. Tap on ‘Delete’ to confirm your action.
This will delete your selected message completely from the conversation. Note that the above steps apply to both Android and iOS smartphones.
Deleting Messages Via PC
- Open the Discord Website on your PC.
- Log in to your account on Discord.
- Open up the conversation from which you want to delete the message.
- Find the message, and hover your mouse over the message you want to delete.
- Click on the ‘More’ option that appears on the right side of the message.
- A pop-up menu appears. Click the ‘Delete Message’ option in it.
- Again, click ‘Delete’ on the confirmation pop-up to confirm your decision.
This will remove your messages from the conversation. So this way you can delete messages on Discord.
Discord bot is one of Discord’s best features available, where you get more control and functionality than a normal user. This makes it easier for you to perform several functions within the app.
You can create a discord bot for yourself, but it requires some basic programming and coding, which seems a bit difficult. Thus, you can download an already created bot and easily use it on your server.
Discord bots can be used for several functions:
- It can be used as a chat-bot, where you can make it communicate with other people for you.
- Bots can be used to manage servers, such as removing and blocking members, controlling spam, etc.
- It can be used to play music within the server from any website such as YouTube and others.
- Bots can be used to gather any information about your server and its users.
- Bots are also used to add extra features to your server to make the interaction even better.
Part 5: How to Clear All Chats and Delete All Messages In Discord?
In the section above, we talked about deleting messages without using the mouse. That leads us to the possibility of utilizing the ‘AutoHotkey’ script to automate the process.
Most developers have come up with codes that can delete Discord messages from your account on a mass scale. We’ll be expanding on one of the most popular instances of this: the AutoHotkey script.
Before you get started with this, you will need an ‘AutoHotkey installer.’ Continue the process by:
- Download and install the ‘AutoHotkey installer’ ;
- Head onto your desktop, right-click and click ‘New’ on the drop-down menu;
- Choose the ‘AutoHotkey script’ and right-click on this file and edit with ‘Notepad’
- Delete everything in the script and paste the following code
- Save the file as any name that you wish to
- Once you’ve done that, launch Discord and double-click on the script file
- Open the chat data that you wish to delete and press T
- The script will now delete all the messages
To stop the script, click on the H icon located on the right side of your taskbar and select Pause Script.
This is the process by which you can use an ‘Autohotkey script’ to delete messages in bulk. Please note that this option is only available to Windows users as AutoHotkey does not currently work on macOS.
Ideally, you’ll want the following things from your AutoHotkey script:
- A toggle key for turning it on and off
- The complete keyboard sequence with stops between each step
Disclaimer: you can delete a message you sent, but there’s no saying if the other person took a screenshot before you got around to deleting it. Things on the internet tend to stick around. So, as a safe bet, it’s a good idea to take some time to consider what you wrote before pressing send to avoid any regrets.
Delete All Discord Messages with MEE6 BOT
Discord BOTS allows the administrators or moderators certain level power over the server, and that’s what made the gaming communication application popular among the community. MEE6 is a popular robot that I personally use on my server, and the majority of the server have it installed right now. Server administrators have the power to mass delete specific user’s conversations including their own.
- Visit the official website of MEE6. Click on “Add to Discord” to begin the process, and you need server administrator privileges.
- Enter the account credentials and continue.
- Give permission to the MEE6 Robot to access information.
- The web-application will recognize the number of connections to the account and provide setup options for the server that you have administrator access. Click on the “Setup MEE6” to continue.
- Provide user account credentials to continue.
- Select the server from the first option, if you have multiple servers with administrator access. Give the MEE6 account permissions and then click on “Authorize” to continue.
- Confirm whether Discord Robot appears in the server list or not, and then click on the + button to add a new text channel.
- Select the “Text Channel” and then click on “Create Channel” to continue.
- Start using the commands that I have provided in the empty section below, and it will start the mass deletion of the specific user.
Clear Ten Messages: !clear 10
Remove Messages of Specific Messages: !clear @Example#9845
The second one targets the mass deletion of the Discord messages. I would have shown commands performance, but I don’t have any members in my newly created server, and that is why I couldn’t demonstrate it visually.
In this section, we’ve included more answers to your questions.
Can I delete messages without admin privileges?
In short, you do need Admin privileges to delete messages. Bots that can delete messages from channels will ask for administrative rights in one way or another. As a regular user, you can’t delete messages from a server. You can remove them from your history, but they’ll stay on Discord’s servers.
If I delete a message, does it disappear for the other user too?
Removing a direct message or messages from your side of Discord won’t delete them from the other person’s profile. Discord doesn’t allow its users to modify the accounts of other users. The messages you remove from your account will stay on Discord’s servers, and the other person will be able to access them at their discretion.
Here’s how to do it:
-Log into your account and find the user whose chat you want to delete. You should right-click on their avatar in your contacts list.
-Go to Direct Message.
-Hover with your mouse over the conversation.
-Click the X button that emerges.
Discord will remove it from your view.
Does Discord provide an option to delete all messages?
Discord doesn’t support deleting all messages natively. However, bots can do it in bulks of various sizes. Some bots can even clone a channel, thus eliminating all messages in the process.
- How to Repair “Couldn’t Modify Partition Map” Error Message on macOS
- How to Troubleshoot “Error Occurred while Installing the Selected Updates” Issue on macOS
- How to Repair Windows Update Error Code 0x800706b5 on Windows 10
- How to Repair Xapofx1_1.DLL Is Missing on Windows 10 PC
- How to Repair Winscomrssv.Dll Error At Startup on Windows 10 PC